Something I’ve learned from work. Either England doesn’t accept Scottish money or English people just don’t like having it. 3 times today I was asked if I could give them change in English money. Luckily Scottish people don’t give a shit cause moneys money so there was a pretty even mix in the tills but WTF? Since when did that happen? Had that always been the case? I always have Bank of England notes in my purse and never think anything of it.
Just watched a movie called Paper Man. I had never heard of it before but because of it’s impressive cast (Jeff Daniels, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, Lisa Kudrow..) I decided to give it a go.
What an incredible movie. It was a bit slow to start and a bit heavy on the ‘indie’ feel but aside from all that it is one of those rare uncategorisable films. It’s quirky, werid, funny, sweet and heartbreaking all at once. The unlikely friendship between Richard (Jeff Daniels) and Abbey (Emma Stone) is such a perfect fit you competely disregard that there is about a 30 year age difference. There is nothing better than a movie about people and their relationships. No explosions. No special effects. Just people who help each other through the hard times.
Becasue of the overly indie feel to the movie I was surprised at how serious it got with Abbeys storyline, but I also think that’s what I liked about it. It’s not a typical indie, fluffy movie. Though the ending was in some ways gratifying, it still left you kind of melancholic. You can always tell a good movie when after it’s over you just sit and think about it. About it’s characters. About what could have happened to them.
I would recommend people watch this. I have read it got alot of bad reviews (which is probably why I had never heard of it before) but it really was brilliant.
We were watching Beauty and the Beast on Sunday (as you do) and my brother started talking about how epic it would be if they made a live action version of it now, with the level cgi and shit is at it would look amazing!! Then I told him there is going to be one, and Emma Watson is playing Belle, and Guillermo del Toro is directing it so it’s going to be really dark and scary. He stared getting really excited and was saying ‘That will be amazing! Emma Watson will actually be perfect for that!!! It’s going to be so good!!!’
I finally remember what a proper winter feels like. Sure it’s been rainy over the summer but since late April it’s been a reasonably good weathered time. Now we’re back to the ‘wearing five layers in the house and still not warm enough ’ MUST WEAR SOCKS’ ‘Hot-water bottles in bed’ kind of weather.
i hate how people just expect that youre going to finish school and get an office job and meet someone and settle down and have children and a dog and drive a mazda because i dont want any of those things especially a mazda
These are the best GOP rape quotes I could find - but message me if you have more! Let’s hold these people accountable.
1. Todd Akin: “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways of shutting that whole thing down” - mid 2012 Senate Campaign
2. Claytie Williams: “If it’s inevitable, just relax and enjoy it” - mid 1990 Gubernatorial race in Texas
3. Chuck Winder: “I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that’s part of the counseling that goes on.” - March 2012
4. Ken Buck: “A jury could very well conclude that this is a case of buyer’s remorse … It appears to me … you invited him over… the appearance is of consent.” - October 2010
5. Rick Santorum: “I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” - January, 2012
i can hear children laughing outside my window and it’s making me hungry
I DIDTN KNOW IT WOULD SOUND LIKE THAT I DONT WANT TO EAT CHILDREN IM NOT GOIGN TO ANSWER ANYMORE QUESTIONS ABOUT EATING CHILDREN DO NO T ASK ME QUESTION ABOTU EATING CHILDREN I DONRT KNOW FROM ANY SORT OF EXPERIENCE
do you ever just sit down and wonder where your life went wrong
I feel like I want to watch old disney movies today and Dumbo was the first one that came into my head but the start of it when all the big elephants are chained up and the circus guys are hitting them always really scared me….
I think it’s pretty fucking ridiculous what happened to Cher Lloyd at V Fest. I’m not really a fan but shes still a human being man. That’s no way to treat another person! Good on her for coming back out and finishing the song but it’s disgusting man. I mean she’s only a 19 year old girl! I seriously don’t understand the hate people have for her. If you don’t like her music no ones fucking forcing you to listen to it!